[kde-linux] konqueror and davfs2

Guido Guenther agx at sigxcpu.org
Tue Aug 30 17:13:33 UTC 2005

Hi Kevin,
Kevin wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 August 2005 10:50, Guido Guenther wrote:

> > Is there an easy way to turn of this behaviour and simply display the
> > directory listing (probably simpley based on the file extension or even
Hmmm...probably I was heading into the wrong direction. While looking at
the strace timestamps I noticed that the stat/read happens later (for
the previews I guess). What causes the real delay is konqueror starting
up and hitting a state where it displays "delayed" in the status bar
almost immediately. It seems to talk (rather listen) to a kio file slave
fired up by kdeinit during this time.
This kio slaves has some data available quiet quickly but I wonder why
konqueror doesn't dislplay an (even incomplete) directory listing at
this time. I think people with e.g. slow nfs links must have the same
problem but I couldn't find any references so far...
Any ideas?
 -- Guido

P.S.: please cc: me on replies