[kde-linux] klaptop_acpi_helper suspend doesn't stop mysqld

Matthew Hobbs matthewh at vetsci.usyd.edu.au
Thu Aug 25 00:14:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

When I choose 'Suspend...' from the Klaptop panel, or run this in a shell:

klaptop_acpi_helper --suspend

my laptop is suspended as I expect.  (This is great as I've tried other
scripts unsuccessfully - thank KDE developers!)

However, suspend doesn't work if the mysql daemon is running.  I get a message
(in a virtual console??)  something like this:

stopping tasks failed (1 tasks remaining)
Restarting tasks...<6> Strange, mysqld not stopped

and then the KDE destop is restored.

Is there a way to work around this (other than manually stopping/starting
mysql)?  I've no idea how klaptop_acpi_helper actually works.

I am using a Dell Latitude D505 with a 2.6.10 kernel and these Debian
packages:

klaptopdaemon         3.3.2-1
mysql-server          4.0.24-10

Thanks for any suggestions,

Matthew.

--
Matthew Hobbs         Research Fellow in Bioinformatics
Faculty of Veterinary Science