[kde-linux] How to enable multiple clocks in the panel

Derek S. Anderson scott_anderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 15:43:51 UTC 2005

On Saturday 20 August 2005 16:16, Julien Le Nestour wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying for a long time now to enable multiple clocks in my
> panel in order to have multiple time zoones monitored, but I can't find
> where to configure this. Lots of search with google hadn't bring any
> info other than the presence of this feature in KDE 3.1.
>
> If someone had an idea, that would helps me a lot :-)

Simplest method = right click on the panel, > Add to panel > Add applet >
Clock. Configure the new clock which should appear to whatever time zone you
want. The name of the time zone will appear in the lower section of the
applet, and the time displayed will be of that time zone, if all has gone
well.

Removing the applet afterwards is as simple as right click on the panel >
Remove from panel > Remove applet > Clock. A slight bug in this is that all
the clocks appear simply as 'clock', so some guesswork is required, although
as a rule the last clock added will appear at the top of the menu.

S.

--
Derek S. Anderson
Flat 5, 21 Denise Drive,