[kde-linux] kontact: trash won't empty

John Hunt john.kde at yoredale.uklinux.net
Sun Aug 14 16:34:17 UTC 2005

On Sunday 14 Aug 2005 18:03, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> Probably it has to do with the fact that I'm using outdated versions
> (kmail 1.6.2 and Kontact 0.8.1) but I noticed the following since I
> started using Kontact instead of just staring kmail:
> kmail: on exit, the trash is emptied (and yes, I set it up that way)
> Kontact: on exiting Kontact, kmail's trash remains filled

I noticed with kmail, the version in Mandrake 10.0, that expired messages
were not deleted when closing kontact, but were if I closed kmail
standalone.  I assume this is related to your observation.

In the Mandriva 2005LE versions (kmail 1.7.2, kontact 1.02) expiry seems to
happen continuously in the background rather than on closing. I don't know
about emptying trash.

...John
  John Hunt, Stokesley, N Yorks, UK, http://www.yoredale.uklinux.net/