[kde-linux] kde-linux Digest, Vol 29, Issue 12

Charlie Bradley 22tango at newmex.com
Fri Aug 12 15:10:27 UTC 2005

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:06:18 -0700
> From: Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [kde-linux] Printing problem - 2nd request (no ideas?)
> To: zp6cge at gmx.net,	For people using KDE on Linux with related
> 	questions/problems	<kde-linux at kde.org>
>
> On Wednesday 10 August 2005 02:27, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 July 2005 21:07, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> > > Hi All:
> > >
> > > Since changing from FC3 to FC4 (KDE 3.4.1-0.fc4.1 Red Hat) I've had a
> > > problem trying to print from KDE apps.  The problem only applies to the
> > > KDE apps, everything else (Firefox, Abiword, etc) prints correctly.
> >
> > [snip]
> > Did you try KDE "Print System" / "KDE Print Settings" / "Filter" and move
> > your printer filter (here it's HP920C) from the left list into the right
> > one? This did the trick for me.
> >
> > Cheer, Eike
>
> That made no difference when I did it several months ago.  Still set that
> way, still not working.

May I ask if you are using cups?  What kind of printer?  I have had a similar
problem some time ago and upgrade CUPS.  Had to go to the print system menu
and do the filter thing when I was done.  I also experience difficulty when
using a HP printer.  You must have hplip_base installed, at least for debian.
hope this helps.
Charlie

--
This message was created with Kmail,