[kde-linux] k3b doesn't allow any writers

Ronnie Betzen ron at frenchmerchants.net
Thu Aug 11 04:21:13 UTC 2005

I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix this.  Maybe someone here might
have a solution?

K3b lists both my cdrom and my cdwriter as readers.  Nothing is listed as a
writer.  I've run the setup program and changed the permissions on cdrdao and
cdrecord to chmod 755.

When I run k3b with root privileges, it works fine. The burner is listed as a
writer.  As a user it still shows both drives as reader.  This suggests to me
that I still have permission problems somewhere, but I can't figure out
where.

I'm running Mandriva LE 2005 with a 2.6.8-3 kernel patched for win4lin.

I've removed and reinstalled both k3b and related programs and reinstalled
them.  It didn't work.

Let me know what other information you need.  Thanks very much in advanced for
any assistance you can give.

--
Ron Betzen

GPG Fingerprint: 84B3 9A92 55BD E3CE 8F72 E093 CFF1 F764 500B 28D7
ICQ#: 4534250
MSN: rbetzen at amaonline.com
WEBSITE: www.frenchmerchants.net

There they go. I must follow, for I am their leader.  -- Benjamin Disraeli