[kde-linux] Time to switch to gnome?

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 06:37:26 UTC 2005

I'll give it one last try.

After three attempts to get help from this list or kde.org without results,
I'm about ready to switch to gnome.

I am UNABLE to print from ANY KDE application (kmail, kate, kword).  BUT, I am
able to print from non-kde apps (abiword, firefox) without problems.

I have two printers, an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 and a Brother HL-1440.  These
are connected to a 2port network print server (Netgear PS110).

Original configuration was using system-config-printer with both printers set
up as lpr queues.  Both printers work properly in command line and under
gnome but not under kde apps.

I keep getting the message "The MIME type application/postscript is not
supported as input of the filter chain. Do you want KDE to convert the file
to a supported format?".  This never happened under kde 3.2 versions.

No matter what I try, it will not print.  Why is kde sending it out as
postscript to the filters?  I need to print many documents and email messages
and am getting fed up with cut and paste into an abiword document in order to
print.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor