[kde-linux] Location of KMail Mail Boxes

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Aug 1 11:06:49 UTC 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 01:47, Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
> I feel kind of sill asking, but where does KMail store mail for a user.
> According to
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/nld/index.html?page=/documentation/nld/
>userguide_kde/data/cha.kmail.html it's stored in ~/home/Mail.  However, that
> directory is empty in KDE 3.4.2 (SuSE 9.3).  Neither is it in
> /var/spool/mail, although there is a file named for the user.

The default for KDE < 3.4 has been ~/Mail
If one upgrades to 3.4 or later and ~/Mail is already in use, KMail will
continue to use it.
If it is a fresh install, it will use the path mentioned by Dennis.

AFAIK it can still be configured through the KMail configuration file (not in
the GUI)

That assumes an unpatched KMail, Mandrake has patched theirs to point to
~/.Mail instead of using the configuration key for an unknown reason.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>