[Kde-latam] Akademy-BR

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 02:57:18 CET 2010

Hello,
I know there is a backstage and events behind the scenes we don't
know, but last time there were emails on this list, the possibility to
organize an Akademy in South America was mentioned. The next thing we
hear is a BR-only Akademy. I feel happy on one side because this
brings attention to South America, and kind of disappointed on the
other because people from other Latam countries were left out.

What I can gather from Mauricio's post on the planet is that there are
no more vacancies, and we have to wait for the next event. Any step
forward is good, and I reckon that Brazil has the strongest KDE
community and many have been in KDE for a much longer time and are
much more deeply involved than the rest of us, save a few brilliant
exceptions.

Now, how can we work together and not be shadowed by the sheer size of
the Brazilian community? What can we do to help organize an event that
gets all Latam communities together, or at least the main contributors
from each community together, and do it on a regular basis? I helped
organize the KDE Finance event, but I've only dealt with the
intragroup issues, and not the relationship with the Board to get the
budget approval. I take it you are more familiar with that.

Can we set a goal to organize a Latam event in the mid-term, and then,
with your orientation, get all what's needed to make it happen? The
experience you make with Akademy-BR will certainly help a lot.

Regards,
Alvaro

PS. my words are my own, and do not represent the point of view or
ideas of Kde-Ar.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Sandro Andrade <sandroandrade at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Camilo and Alvaro,
>
> First of all, sorry for my reply in english, I won't try my ugly Spanish here :)
> Yes, it would be great to have a bigger Akademy-LA or have you guys attending
> Akademy-BR. As this is our first experience for Akademy-BR we've decided to
> focus on integrating the already existing Brazilian community, so that
> we have no
> participants from Europe or North America coming this time.
>
> But I hope in a close future we can collaborate to have this great meeting.
> BTW, in the meantime we could ellaborate how KDE communities in Latin America
> could work in a more narrow way. Suggestions ?
>
> Cheers,
> Sandro Andrade
>
> 2010/3/17 Camilo Astete <castete at kde.cl>:
>> Seria entretenido poder participar de otros países al evento o poder ir si
>> los recursos económicos lo pueden lograr o sino por videoconferencia u
>> alguno otro medio :)
>>
>> Saludos,.-
>>
>> 2010/3/17 Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Acabo de leer este:
>>> http://liveblue.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/akademy-br-2010/.
>>>
>>> Alguna posibilidad de que se haga algo similar para todo latam, o de
>>> que nos podamos sumar al evento desde otros paises?
>>>
>>> Saludos,
>>> Alvaro