[Kde-l10n-kn] Free Software Movement-Karnataka for localization in Kannada

Siddharudh P T siddharudh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:42:17 CEST 2010

Hello FSMK team,

On behalf of KDE-l10n-kn team, I welcome you guys to the "KDE Localization
to Kannada" initiative.

First things first, please subscribe to the kde-l10n-kn at kde.org
mailing list using
following link.

I used to be an active member of this Project (during KDE 3.5 days) but
couldn't participate in the translation work from past 3-4 years (I feel
guilty about it). Currently, Shankar Prasad, Vasudev Kamath, Ashok Kumar and
few others are working actively towards KDE 4.5 release. Please go through
the mailing list archive to know what's going on in this Project.

There are many strings need to be translated. This page gives the quick
overview of how much work is pending.
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/team/kn/

Please feel free to pick untranslated files and start translating them
(before that, please go through the existing translations so that we
maintain a consistency in all the translations). If you're not sure of which
files to pick, Shankar Prasad / Vasudev can assign you few files. This way
the work will be better coordinated and we can avoid duplication of efforts.
Once you're done with a file, you can submit it to those with write access
to KDE svn/git repository (Shankar Prasad, myself or Umesh) so that they can
commit your work to the KDE repository.

If you've any queries / feedback, kindly revert back.

Best regards,
Siddharudh