[Kde-l10n-kn] New translation initiative

Umesh Rudrapatna umeshrs at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 15:56:11 CEST 2008

Mahesha, the work pending per-se is quite large. But, as far as our
first target is concerned, we were short by about 3500 strings to make
it into the kde essentials and hence into distributions. When I last
uploaded the files (around May 20th or so), what remained was a major
chunck of kdebase. KDE is not reporting less than what we did.. the
thing is, at times, the files to be translated change a bit (strings
go fuzzy), or new files come in with old strings. As I sent in my
earlier mail, there are some files that were not uploaded yet. the kcm
series is one of them.
May be, for the being, you can ask Paresh whether he can give you his
latest konqueror for translations. That is another key component we
had still to finish. After that, may be, you can try to translate one
of the big files in kdebase. But please let me know what you choose. I
will try to make sure that we wont do a re-work. If you guys can get
on with these translations for a short time (about 15 days), I will
consolidate all the translations once more. We can then plan our way
ahead. Siddharudhare, if you have time for that, that would also be
fine. I can send you all the files we have translated (most of which
are available on kde already). Please let me know about it.
vandanegaLu,
umesh