[Kde-l10n-kn] Lokalize

Vinay V vinay.v.rao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:38:31 CEST 2008

ನಮಸ್ಕಾರ,

	I'm Vinay. I joined the KDE Kannada translation team just a few days
ago. I have only interacted with Umesh so far and don't know the
others in the team.
My introduction: I work as a software engineer (developer). I am also
doing my MS (correspondence). I'm a big fan of Linux and open source.
My favourite pass time is to try out different linux distributions. It
was along time since I used KDE. Recently, when I installed a
distribution sporting KDE, I saw that even hindi version of KDE was
available. But there was no kannada version. So, just searched around
and found this team.
I can work on translation only on weekends. I have no prior
translation experience. This would be my first.

Enough said about myself. Let me get to the actual point of this email.
I saw a discussion on the "archives" of this mailing list saying
kaider/lokalize did not work. I have installed kde 4.1 (on Arch Linux)
and also installed lokalize. I was able to open the files that Umesh
sent me in lokalize. It showed me the translations correctly for those
strings which had been translated. For untranslated strings, there was
an input window where I could translate it. I have attached a
screenshot of the same.

A lot of translation seems to have been done already. Kudos to the team.

--
ಇಂತಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ,
ವಿನಯ