[Kde-l10n-kn] umesh_progress_10_09_07

Umesh Rudrapatna umeshrs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 06:28:04 CEST 2007

a. Progress this week-
Planned activity for this week (as per my last mail)-
>> Complete 900/1838 strings of desktop_kdebase.pot

Work completed-
I could complete only 312 strings. I too will need at least 2 more days :-).

b. Planned activity for coming week 11-09-07 - 17-09-07
Complete another 900 strings of desktop_kdebase.pot
then 17-09-07 - 20-09-07 complete the remaining strings of
desktop_kdebase.pot

c. word list - none

d. Other issues/suggestions
i. In the current file I am translating, I get lots of proper nouns starting
with X (e.g. xview, xwindows etc.) If I try typing X in kannada script, the
problems are too many. Trying to put ಕ್ಷ as in X-rays also it too harsh. So,
I am adopting to ಕ್ಸ. I feel this may be better than both. e.g. ಕ್ಸವ್ಯೂ,
ಕ್ಸವಿಂಡೋ/ಕ್ಸಕಿಟಕಿ instead of ಎಕ್ಸ್ ವ್ಯೂ, ಎಕ್ಸ್ ವಿಂಡೋ etc. I guess the
intended name will be clear from the context. Please let me know your
suggestions about it. In fact, there are lots of games with names. Trying to
type them in kannada makes it extremely difficult (thanks to the
vottaksharas) to read and type in. So, I am planning to (as far as possible)
give new names and retain the English names, in English in brackets (for
people who may like to start them from command line). That makes life much
easier I feel.