[Kde-l10n-kn] Some thoughts about sharing files with non-kde translators

Umesh RS umeshrs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 07:30:56 CEST 2006

Snehitare,
After the recent "credit hijacking" on the KDE front by Mr Sreekanth
Mishrikothi (on the sampada translators list), I rather
feel we need to be clear about what we will share with non-kde team members.
I would prefer dictionary exchanges (if that is possible) and nothing more.
After all, that is what is needed. We will leave it to Siddharudh to decide
about the same. I know that non-kde members will not be able to committ
anything to kde svn. But, it would be nice to avoid seeing people making
claims in delicately couched words. I guess all of us have had a taste of
it.

Paresh's 100% translated khelpcenter, SiddharuDh's Keduca (again I guess,
nearly 100%), and the files I had translated (nearly 100% each) kicker and
kcontrol are "100% translated now" by Mr Sreekanth. Perhaps 10 strings in
all, and that makes 4 files. I guess we dont have to get into trouble later.
We better set things right once we have got a taste of it. Also, I feel we
need to have policies which say what is contribution and what is not. One
string in 100 strings is definitely not a contribution at all. We have a
long long way to go. But there is no escape from being clear about these
things.
In any case, I am with the decision of the team. Siddharudh, as we discussed
over phone, hope we will meet soon and chalk out a plan to crack kde 4.0.

vandanegaLu,
umesh