[Kde-l10n-es] Mexican Spanish

Guillermo Amaral gamaral en kde.org
Mie Ago 18 19:08:53 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 07:55:26AM -0400, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 August 2010 13:33:44 Guillermo Amaral wrote:

> > > The current translation is 'es', not 'es_ES'. There shouldn't be any
> > > Spain-specific terminology in it.
> >
> >   Oh good to know! Thanks Nicolas.
>
> Sorry for asking this, but... is forking the 'es' translation into 'es_MX'
> convenient?
>
> Can you identify some areas of the KDE software where 'es_MX' and plain old
> 'es' differ and would require a different translation?

  I use only English my self. But I do get a lot of requests for es_MX during my
  talks. I'm sure there is some words that might be different from ES to es_MX.
  Perhaps it's just people wanting to customize it so as to feel more comfortable
  with KDE SC.

  But, what I can do is send people interested in contributing to the es_MX here,
  so they can instead contribute to ES. I see no harm in that and I'm sure
  they could identify any differences, never hurts to mix it up a bit I always
  say. :-)

  Do you guys have any Mexican contributors yet?

> On the other hand, however, I can see how necessary are the translations into
> indigenous languages.

  Agreed, I'm also very interested in this as well.

--
gamaral