[Kde-l10n-es] Mexican Spanish

Eduardo Sanchez lists en sombragris.org
Mie Ago 18 13:55:26 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 13:33:44 Guillermo Amaral wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 02:30:56PM -0300, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> > On 17/08/2010, Guillermo Amaral <gamaral en kde.org> wrote:
> > >   Now, I'm by no means a translator (I'm a code monkey at heart), but I
> > >
> > > would
> > >
> > >   love to know if it would make sense to use es_ES as a starting base
> > >   for the es_MX team. Is that possible or even allowed?
> >
> > The current translation is 'es', not 'es_ES'. There shouldn't be any
> > Spain-specific terminology in it.
>
>   Oh good to know! Thanks Nicolas.

Sorry for asking this, but... is forking the 'es' translation into 'es_MX'
convenient?

Can you identify some areas of the KDE software where 'es_MX' and plain old
'es' differ and would require a different translation?

On the other hand, however, I can see how necessary are the translations into
indigenous languages.

Thanks,

Eduardo
--