[Kde-l10n-es] [Fwd: Calling i18n teams]

Jaime Robles jaime en kde.org
Jue Feb 26 11:48:02 CET 2009

Buenas,

Por si alguien no está subscrito a la lista

--
Un saludo,
	Jaime Robles - http://jaime.robles.es
	jaime en kde.org
	Coordinador KDE-es - KDE Spanish Translation Team
	http://www.kde.org/es  - http://es.l10n.kde.org

---------------------------- Mensaje original ----------------------------
Asunto: Calling i18n teams
De:     "KDE forum administrators" <kde en ohreally.nl>
Fecha:  Sab, 21 de Febrero de 2009, 3:37 am
Para:   mods en forum.kde.org
Cc:     kde-i18n-doc en kde.org
        "KDE Promo" <kde-promo en kde.org>

=====
ABSTRACT:
Looking for more cooperation between KDE Community Forums and i18n teams.

=====
FULL MESSAGE:

Hello all,

This mail was sent to kde-i18n-doc, apparently the list all i18n members
are subscribed to.

We would like to make a few suggestions that could be of benefit to us
all. These suggestions concern localized forums, hosting private,
restricted forums for your team, sending forum posts to IRC channels,
sending forum posts to Jabber accounts, and writing a translation course.

We are all very much aware of the fact that KDE is an international
product; it is used all over the world and translated into probably
every known language. A problem, however, seems to be to keep the
translations in sync with the enormous amounts of text that exist in a
project like KDE.

The KDE Community Forums [1] think they can be of help here.

The KDE Community Forums are a place where KDE users from all over the
world gather to help themselves and others with the use of KDE. We think
this userbase may be used for more than just the collection of information.

-----
Localized forums.

Even though we've installed every language pack there is for MyBB (the
forum software), and we've added Google Translation to each post, we
realise that some users may still feel held back to post their questions
or remarks. A solution would be to host forums in every known language.
Unfortunately our forum team doesn't speak every known language.
However, you, as i18n teams, do.

We would like to offer you the opportunity to host a forum in your own
language at KDE Community Forums. There would be some conditions, of
course: your i18n team would have to come up with their own moderator
(we probably don't speak the language for your forum) and your forum
would have to generate some traffic (we wouldn't want to end up with a
forest of forums where nobody ever comes).
Important note: since our forum can generate RSS and Atom feeds for each
forum [2], send new threads to IRC channels [3], and even send
notifications of new posts to a Jabber account [4], moderating a forum
would, for the larger part, mean keeping an eye on your preferred
communication medium.

If you are a member of a KDE-i18n team, and you would like to host a
forum in your own language at KDE Community Forums, contact us at
admin en forum.kde.org.

-----
Private, restricted forums.

KDE Community Forums would like to offer you the opportunity to host
your own private, restricted forums to be used by your team. These
forums would be invisible and inaccessible to people who are not members
of your team. This would give you as a team a central location to store
reminders, to hold discussions you would like to save for the future,
and to have discussions with members who are hard to reach, for example
because they are in different timezones.

If you are a member of a KDE-i18n team, and you are interested in
hosting your private, restricted forums at KDE Community Forums, contact
us at admin en forum.kde.org.

-----
Forum posts to IRC.

Many i18n teams prefer to communicate on IRC; many users prefer to
communicate at forums. For this reason we developed a way to have new
threads to specified (sub)forums at forum.kde.org to be posted to
specified IRC channels. With this, an i18n team can keep track of new
threads to our forums without having to visit KDE Community Forums.

If you are a member of a KDE-i18n team, and you are interested in having
posts to one or more forums sent to an IRC channel (especially if you
host your own forum at forum.kde.org), contact us at skreamer en forum.kde.org.

-----
Forum posts to Jabber.

JabberBot is a plugin for MyBB (the forum software) we developed to send
new posts to Jabber accounts [4].

If you are interested in having new posts to certain forums be sent to
your Jabber account:
- log in at forum.kde.org
- click the link UserCP in the top-left of the page
- in the menu, select 'Edit profile'
- fill in your Jabber ID
- hit the 'Save' button
- in the menu, select 'Change settings'
- check 'Enable Jabber notifications for subscriptions'
- hit the 'Save' button
- subscribe to the forums you wish to receive notifications about (there
is a Subscribe link at the top of each thread listing)

-----
Translation course.

You've probably noticed we have courses at forum.kde.org (the Klassroom
forums [5]). We would like to have a class about translating KDE
applications and/or documentation. This class would ideally cover
contacting the i18n team of choice, finding an application or
documentation that needs to be translated, using the software involved
and committing the translation to the repository.

If you are a member of a KDE-i18n team, and you are interested in
creating such a course, contact us at admin en forum.kde.org. A joint
effort with multiple teams would be even cooler; if you're interested,
let us know and we'll try to bring a few teams together.

-----

If you have any more ideas that could be of benefit to you and/or us,
please contact us.

Sincerely,
   The KDE Community Forums team

[1] http://forum.kde.org