[Kde-kiosk] KDE Profiles & Groups

Enrique Hernández Bello quique at osl.ull.es
Mon Mar 22 00:57:34 CET 2010

Hello people,

I joined to this list for more knowledge about this powerful feature of KDE
called 'Kiosk Mode' ;) I readed some documentation of techbase.kde.org and the
userguide of kdebase-runtime in docs.kde.org but both seems to be a bit
incomplete.

I would like to know what is the better way of configure user profiles as
described to do in /etc/kderc and /etc/kde-user-profile but sharing common
default settings.

I think that profiles defined in kde-user-profile are complete and independant
profiles. As i can see, the single way of overlay the default configuration is
through KDEDIRS and other environment variables.

So, I can only think one way to get this: a script somewhere that exports
KDEDIRS variable depending of the user.

The simplest way could be to add more than a profile directory in kderc, but I
can't find any documentation that explains me how to do this.

Any recommendation to enlighten me on my way?

Thanks to all.
--
Enrique Hernández Bello <quique at osl.ull.es>
Oficina de Software Libre  --  http://osl.ull.es