[Kde-kiosk] Profile does not seem to be applied

rhr1979 at everymail.net rhr1979 at everymail.net
Wed Nov 21 22:18:24 CET 2007

If I repeat this 100 times, I get 100 times the same result.

In kiosktool, I create a profile "profile1" and configure
the KDE menu of it. I check "Users shou ld not be able to
edit their KDE menu". I set up that the group "users" should
get the profile "profile1". After restarting the KDE, I have
the same menu as I had before, although I am member of the
group "users".

My intention is, that all users have the same KDE menu.

I did several tests like running kiosktool as root, stopping
kdm and running the KDE with "startx" from a
root-logged-in-console, etc.

No effort. What's the matter?

In most cases, if I re-run kiosktool, the menu I set up
before is NOT LOST, but it is simply not loaded.

What is it that I do not see?

Tks, cheers.