[Kde-kiosk] How to save a profile - Lack of a button ?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 16:01:06 CET 2006

Hi Catherine

A very late response, the last mail from which I know that nobody responded
yet.

Is this problem still there?

On Friday 04 November 2005 21:56, Catherine Stéfan wrote:
> But now, whatever the settings I choose, it is never saved : the
> kde-profile never contains the new profile directory. After having perused
> the archive, some posts mentioning the possibility to lock profiles, etc.,
> I came to think that there must be in the interface, at some point, some
> kind of "save" button, that I do not have.
>
> I have a "next" and "back", but nowhere and at no point, a button to
> confirm that my settings should be taken into account.

That's correct, KioskTool doesn't have an explicit Save button, it saves when
you click Next in one of the modules. Not the most obvious GUI and it could
ideally get some usability loving, but in the mean time we'll have to deal
with it.

Does that help?