[Kde-kiosk] /mnt/cdrom

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 15:39:26 CET 2006

Hiya,

On Thursday 10 November 2005 15:17, linuxgirlie wrote:
> Here are the restrictions that I have in place:
>
> [KDE URL Restrictions]
> rule_count=13
> [...]
>
> Apart from using kiosk I haven't done any other restrictions to the
> computers, they are all default mandriva setups. The cdrom came from a
> company and it is just plain html, the students have had similar
> problems with cdroms that contain work, pictures, music and videos.

Is this problem still there? Seems like nobody has responded and I don't
really have an answer myself.

If you list the contents of the cd-rom from a unix shell or another non-KDE
(non-kiosk) app, does that work? Some interesting shell commands:

    ls -ld /mnt/cdrom
    ls -l /mnt/cdrom
    less /mnt/cdrom/some_file_on_the_cd

If all that works, then indeed it's kiosk-specific. I'm secretly hoping it is
not, since that would make solving the issue a lot easier. I'm afraid it's