[Kde-kiosk] Multimedia Kiosk - Marketing Display

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Jan 4 17:25:55 CET 2006

Hi James,

A couple of questions before I (or someone else) can give your mail a stab...

First of all: are you subscribed to this list or do we need to keep you on CC?

I added the rest inline below:

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 17:07, James Stout wrote:
> Each display shows content independent of the other, i.e. one is not an
> extension of the other nor are they clones.  The content also is in a loop.

Have you got that working without applying any kiosk restrictions? In general
it's best to first get all bits and pieces working as if it's a "normal"
desktop and only then apply the lockdown options of KDE's Kiosk framework to
it.

Of course you should probably keep the eventual use case (kiosk) in mind for a
couple of design decisions, but initially it isn't too much different from a
normal setup yet.

> We are currently able to schedule the content (i.e. start playing on X date
> / stop playing on Y date).

Are you able to do this on the existing Windows systems or do you also have
this working on Linux already? And if you don't, do you have any idea where
to look for information, since this isn't really the scope of the Kiosk
framework and/or this mailing list.

> We are able to schedule what hours per day the kiosk is in operation.  i.e.
> it displays content from 6 am to 11:59 pm.

Same here, does "we are able" refer to Windows or Linux?