[Kde-kiosk] Installation/configuration Fedora Core 4

Jens Meyer jm at jensmeyer.de
Mon Feb 27 09:57:00 CET 2006

Hello!

I ran into similar problems like 10/2004 with my Fedora Core 2 when
configuring kde-kiosktool for a user with my actual Fedora Core 4 now
(kiosktool RPM 1.0x.

With the user root I generated a new profile and assigned it to a user
and his group. I deleted almost all menu-entries and saved configuration.

Unfortunately there are no results when starting KDE with the restricted
user - all menu-entries are visible. Even other restrictions are not
working, too.

Are there any general hints or special hints for usage with Fedora Core4?

I tried the workarounds which Waldo sent me in 2004 for FC2, but without
success:

- I can't find: "~/.config/menus/applications.menu" to delete.
- I added the following lines to
/home/restricteduser/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals:
-->
[KDE Resource Restrictions][$i]
xdgconf-menu=false
<--

Are there any other hints - perhaps especially for FC4?

Thank you in advance,
kind regards,