[Kde-kiosk] newbie

Michael Mariani and Kay Giles marianigiles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 06:52:07 CEST 2006

I have 2 older machines that I am using to install as kiosks in our new
little surfing museum, www.cstreetsurfingmuseum.com.
I installed kiosk on the first machine and it works, but I haven't learned
everything about it yet.  That machine is pretty slow,
so I installed on second machine and I am running into difficulties.  I
installed from source and compiled on both machines.
I think I must have installed in an incorrect directory on the second
machine, because every time I try to run, it tells me that it cannot find
the xml data file.  I also have to run from command line, because it was not
added to my menu, which is different than machine one.

My questions:
Am I better off to un-install and re-install?  If so, can someone tell me
how to do this.
If I keep existing, how can I fix the xml_data problem and adding to my
menu.

Thank you in advance for your help.