[Kde-kiosk] Standard Unix Security

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Oct 17 19:04:06 CEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 05:50:21PM +0800, Alex Uloth wrote:
> In particular does anybody know what ctrl commands or vulnerabilities
> that kiosk mode does NOT prevent, and how I could disable these, for
> example: how to prevent the "ctrl-alt-f1" - "ctrl-alt-f2" etc sequences
> for bringing up another login screen

Back when I set up a kiosk for a local coffee shop (before the Kiosk Admin
Tool GUI was available), I documented some of the things I set up,
including some of the non-KDE security.

Sadly, I don't remember where I put the notes for how I set it up,
but I can remember to check my home desktop tonight, I'll try to post
them somewhere, or simply cut-n-paste the relevant parts to this list.
(The system was Debian-based running KDE ... 3.0?  Hrm, I forget now!)

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/