[Kde-kiosk] Standard Unix Security

Alex Uloth uloth at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 17 11:50:21 CEST 2005

Hi, I'm New to Kiosk Tool,

I have Suse 9.3 with KDE 3.4 Installed, and have setup the kiosktool
successfully, what I would like to know is what other software or
procedures/resources people are using to lock down their machines.

My end goal is to have a machine that boots straight up into an
extremely restricted mode, where an html page is displayed (possibly
with a video running on it).  If someone were to reboot this machine I
would like it to go straight back to the running application/browser.

In particular does anybody know what ctrl commands or vulnerabilities
that kiosk mode does NOT prevent, and how I could disable these, for
example: how to prevent the "ctrl-alt-f1" - "ctrl-alt-f2" etc sequences
for bringing up another login screen

Thanks,

Alex