[Kde-kiosk] KDE Temp Files in /tmp

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Wed Nov 9 10:11:18 CET 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to further tighten the security in our KDE Kiosk mode
environment.  One issue of concern was user files/dirs lying around in
/tmp that other users can see.  I know most of them are secured by their
ownership and permissions but I don't even want users to know other
users login ID's.  We are using NFS mounted home directories.  I have
set the following variables to make Gnome and KDE files reside in user's
local tmp directories:

# Set KDE and Gnome temp vars to user tmp dir
export TMPDIR=~/tmp
export KDETMP=~/tmp
export KDEVARTMP=~/tmp

The above works fine.  I am still getting mcop-userid directories in
/tmp.  Is there a variable that I can set to make this directory get
stored under the user's home directory?

Thanks

Murray