[Kde-kiosk] Kiosk problem

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sun May 15 18:58:08 CEST 2005

On Sunday 15 May 2005 16:41, Daniel Villavicencio wrote:
> when i run the kiosk admin tool it ask me for a password when i try to
> edit a new or existing profile, the window dialog has an user, sometimes is
> root and sometimes is another user in my case the user is buho, i enter the
> password of the corresponding user, but i can't save any change because the
> folder creation problem i say before

Hmm, does it work if you open fish://root@localhost/ in Konqueror? KioskTool
uses that URL to create the directory, so if fish is somehow broken, that'd
explain a thing or two.

If you can view your filesystem using fish then try to create
a /etc/kde-profile folder. (Remove it when done to give KioskTool the
original system, otherwise the testcase is broken.)

If both of that work then it's a KioskTool bug, if it doesn't work then
KIO-fish has a problem, which is part of your KDE installation.

Please let us know, and also tell us your KDE version and KioskTool version.