[Kde-kiosk] Follow symbolic links with restricted browsing

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Mon May 2 08:56:03 CEST 2005

Hi All,

We are using NFS home directories for our users and use the KDE kiosk
tool to prevent them browsing outside their home directory.  It doesn't
appear to be possible to mount shares under their NFS mounted home
directory so I tried mounting shares elsewhere and used symbolic links
to make them appear they are under the users home.  Unfortunately a
KDE/Kiosk Tool profile with browsing above the user's home directory
disabled, wont allow me to follow the symbolic links and access the
mounted share.  I assume the entries below in the kdeglobals file are
the relevant ones.  Is there any way I can keep browsing above the home
directory off but allow users to follow symbolic links?

Thanks

Murray

[KDE Custom Restrictions]
restrict_file_browsing=true