[Kde-kiosk] KDE 3.4 disabling fast user switching

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Mar 23 15:43:24 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:18:21PM +0000, Jasper van der Marel wrote:
> It seems the menu entry "Switch User" is dependant on KDM as login
> manager.

i bet with kde 4.0 & gnome 3.0 this won't be true any more. :-P

> I installed KDE 3.4 on CentOS 4 which uses GDM as default login
> manager.

the reasonable solution would of course have been a look in the kdm
manual (after all, you found that this has to do with kdm) and in
consequence clearing out ReserveServers.
disabling start_new_session kiosk-wise would have helped, too.
oh, well.