[Kde-kiosk] newbie question

Ryan Punt ryan at mirum.org
Thu Mar 17 18:46:11 CET 2005

First off, thanks for the reply.

Of course, the machine will not run a root desktop; this is merely a
question of "why," an annoyance rather than a necessity.  The fact that
the root desktop doesn't work really doesn't affect me all that much (my
debian boxes don't even have a GUI installed, I'm perfectly comfortable
with a BASH prompt), but I want to know WHY it changed, and how to revert.

By "I'm annoyed by this change," I mean that prior to using the Kiosk
admin tool, everything worked as one would expect.  After, root's
default session was FVWM with a YAST2 window front-and-center (and
exec'd, apparently, as closing the window ends the session).

The 9.2 install is quite vanilla, and the config files listed were
pulled directly from the machine.

In the end, I guess the question is this: how do I "turn off" Kiosk
mode?  The changes to the root desktop suggest that while I don't have
any kiosk user profiles active, something is still set; I'd like an idea
what that is.

Thanks,
Ryan