[Kde-kiosk] how to make kdm's "Menu" go away

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 16:33:54 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:57:35AM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > And even if you commit it, it doesn't hurt in the least to quote it on
> > this list, also because it gets picked up by Google through the list
> > archives.
> >
> ok, i'll follow up in the evening when i have more time.

1) remove (=hide) all session types but one
2) remove all authentication methods but one (PluginsLogin).
   this is the default.
3) disable session switching. oh, damn, this is impossible. :{
   i'm wondering whether this should be controlled with an explicit
   switch or whether it should be bound to some conditions (like, no
   other session currently running).
4) disable shutdown (AllowShutdown=None). note that the default config
   is different for local and remote displays.
5) disable local chooser mode (LoginMode=LocalOnly).
6) disable switching to console mode (AllowConsole=false).
7) disable restarting the X server (AllowClose=false). again, local and
   remote are different by default.