[Kde-kiosk] Profile

Prash getprashman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:32:37 CEST 2005

Peeps,

On my kiosk machine, I automatically log a user in. Now I have a tar
file with me with .kde , .firefox etc. i.e profile related stuff. Now
I want to extract this file everytime I automatically log in a user so
that this profile related setting get picked up. How can I do this? or
in other words where can I place this script to execute at login.?

I'm thinking .bash_profile but does that get executed before
everything else? Is it possible to run this script as root on
automatic login of a user - say testuser.? The reason I want that is I
want to chown some files to root so that it cannot be modified.

TIA