[Kde-kiosk] Preventing directory browsing

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 11:55:15 CEST 2005

On Saturday 16 July 2005 18:41, Prash wrote:
> OK I've found that I can restrict using KDE URL Restrictions. So I add
> [KDE URL Restrictions][$i]
> rule_count=5
> rule_1=list,,,,file,,,false
> rule_2=open,,,,file,,,false
> rule_3=list,,,,file,,$HOME,true
> rule_4=list,,,,file,,$TMP,false
> rule_5=open,,,,file,,$HOME/mydownloads,true
>
> I want to be able to list files in $HOME but to be able to open files
> in $HOME/downloads only. The above rules prevent me from listing files
> in $HOME. What have I done wrong?

As far as I know the entries are processed top-down and not preferring more
specific entries. In your example this means that rule_1=list,,,,file,,,false
covers each and every request and thus blocks everything.

Does

[KDE URL Restrictions][$i]
rule_count=5
rule_1=list,,,,file,,$HOME,true
rule_2=open,,,,file,,$HOME/mydownloads,true
rule_3=list,,,,file,,,false
rule_4=open,,,,file,,,false
rule_5=list,,,,file,,$TMP,false

work?