[Kde-kiosk] Problem with Applying Group Profiles to new Users

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 20 19:40:08 CET 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 18:21, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> The getgrnam function doesn't return the correct information for primary
> groups. I'll see if I can come up with a fix tonight, but first there's
> dinner :)

This one does return the rest of the information for me, but I just realized
I'm chasing the wrong thing now.

Your primary group is 'users' and not 'external', so this is not the problem.

Googling for getgrnam and ldap came up with this page:

http://www.sudo.ws/pipermail/sudo-users/2004-February/001952.html

Could it be that your nsswitch.conf is also configured incorrectly?

Another interesting one:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/pam-li

Could it be that you have a group external both in /etc/group and on LDAP?

I'm inclined to say that this is a problem with your LDAP setup, but since
everything else works ok I can't really explain it. Based on the code of the
test app I see little other possible explanations though.