[Kde-kiosk] Problem with Applying Group Profiles to new Users

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 20 18:21:47 CET 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 15:36, Murray Trainer wrote:
> Not sure why your strcmp is not working but something is either wrong
> with your code or the system call.

The code is wrong at least. See attached C file. Output on my system:

-----
martijn at martijn:~> groups
users uucp dialout audio video

martijn at martijn:~> ./test users
Members in group users:

martijn at martijn:~> grep users /etc/group
users:x:100:

martijn at martijn:~>
-----

i.e. this is my primary group. If I use a secondary group it works ok on my
system:

-----
martijn at martijn:~> ./test video
Members in group video:
* martijn
* sane2004
-----

The getgrnam function doesn't return the correct information for primary
groups. I'll see if I can come up with a fix tonight, but first there's
dinner :)