[Kde-kiosk] Applying menus globally, Odd behaviour found, BUG(?) Squashed!

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Sun Jan 16 20:15:40 CET 2005

Dear list,

- on a SuSE9.2 system serving some +30 clients I've been struggling with
creating uniform MENU for all users. Kiosktool seemed to let me edit the
menus alright, but the changes never materialized to the users....

- this is why:

the file /var/lib/kde-profiles/name_of_profile/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu

was created (by Kiosktool) with the rights of root.root 640. Effectively not
letting anyone but root read it. I changed the rights to root.root 644 - and
voila, all's working just perfectly!

- just thought someone might like to know :-)