[Kde-kiosk] KDE 3.3.1 seems to get exec expansion wrong

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Jan 14 12:22:07 CET 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 10:42, Russell Brown wrote:
> Any idea what's changed?  Is this intentional?

No, and probably no. I don't have a KDE suitable for debugging at hand, so I
hope Waldo can handle this when he returns, but the code seems ok to me.

In case you know C++, take a look at kconfigbackend.cpp for the check for
expansion (bExpand, optionExpand) and kconfigbase.cpp to do the actual
expansion.

Unless the Debian KDE differs a lot from both CVS HEAD and the KDE 3.3 branch
it all looks fine to me. That is, assuming the bExpand flag is properly
propagated through the call chain -- if it somehow got reset to false that'd
explain it; I didn't check that because it is a bitch to do by just reading
the code, without compiler and debugger.