[Kde-kiosk] Disabling the tab bar in konqueror

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Dec 1 10:04:18 CET 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 08:00, Ralph Jenkin wrote:
> The kiosk runs a single instance of konqueror in a profile that is
> full-screen with basically everything that you can turn off turned off
> (i.e. no tool-bars or menus, no shortcuts, no actions, etc) except for the
> status bar. This worked fine in 3.2.3, however in 3.3.2 a small bar sits at
> the top of the konqueror window, which when you double-click on it reveals
> itself to be the tab bar by launching a new tab.

I'm not using tabs in Konq with even newer versions (3.4 and beyond) and the
tab bar can still be turned off.

In a non-locked down Konqueror the setting that you are probably looking for
is Settings->Configure Konqueror... and there in the Web Behaviour module
Tabbed Browsing -> Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open. I don't know
the corresponding config key, but that should be straightforward to find out.

Hope this helps,