[Kde-kiosk] kiosk with mandrake linux 10.0

Kevin Altizer kevin at altizer.org
Thu Aug 25 04:38:28 CEST 2005

Can someone steer me in the right direction on this?  I installed Mandrake Linux 10.0 on an older PC and I'd like to use it as a web browser only kiosk.  During installation, I chose a minimum internet station install.  The KDE is 3.00.00 (2002-01-18) I guess.  This is the revision number in the Welcome to KDE section of the KDE help center.  At kde.org a document mentions a kiosk admin tool that's available for versions 3.2.2 and later.  Can I upgrade the KDE on this machine?  Should I post this in the Mandriva newsgroup?  I sure would appreciate someone's help in this matter.  This is a kiosk for a church, so it would be a blessing to many people...  Thanks in advance.

Kevin Altizer
www.altizer.org
www.altizerweb.com
kevin at altizer.org