[Kde-kiosk] URL Restrictions (Re: newbie- Library Computer running SuSE 9.2 Pro)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sun Apr 10 14:43:26 CEST 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 12:48, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> You can add URL restrictions to restrict where they can go with the file
> manager. See below.

Some questions of my part:

> rule_count=<N>

Why is this needed? In Kopete I have code that just iterates over an entire
KConfigGroup and takes all entries that start with a fixed prefix, the same
can be used here. Saves a possible place to make mistakes.

> list     - This controls which directories can be browsed with KDE's
> 	file-dialogs.

Does no-list imply no-open or are two rules required to prevent people who
know exact file names from opening files?