[Kde-kiosk] Kiosk with bill acceptor ability

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Apr 6 21:46:00 CEST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 01:39, Neil Cole wrote:
> I am attempting to create a self service internet and
> game kiosk that is pay to play.  I haven't even looked
> indepth into KDE Kiosk but think that it will serve my
> functions well.  One thing I want to know is if there
> is any software written to take on the task of
> communicating with a Bill Validator and to track time obviously.

Nothing in the default KDE install, but you could check www.kde-apps.org which
has tons of additional software.

Time tracking can probably be implementing using some shell wizardry if all
else fails, depending on the requirements, but I guess something ready-made
is preferred. Don't know any software to do this for you though :)