[Kde-kiosk] newbie- Library Computer running SuSE 9.2 Pro

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Apr 6 21:43:20 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 05:14, BRIAN MOSES wrote:
> Also, all the people using this machine will most
> likely be window's users and won't understand the
> mount/unmount procedure...is there a way to make that
> automatic for them?

Jay answered most of your questions already, this last question should be
handled by SuSE already. At least on my laptop (SuSE 9.1 HP edition) it uses
subfs to automount the dvd drive. Don't have a floppy drive around to test
with, but I guess it works similar or at least can be made so.

Please check /etc/fstab to see if it uses subfs or a 'normal' filesystem for
the cd and floppy devices.