[Kde-kiosk] Corporate Desktop

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Sep 14 17:34:33 CEST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 10:17, Daniel Bertolo wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are currently using KDE 3.2.3 as our corporate desktop on our SuSE
> 9.1 workstations. I have been playing around with the KIOSK framework
> for a while now. I would like to have a centralized corporate desktop. A
> short review of what I have done so far:
>
> - Exported /var/kde-profile from our server using NFS
> - Mounted on the client at /var/kde-profile
> - The file "kde-user-profile" is also located at /var/kde-profile
>
> I configured a profile and set it up for my user. This works, but I have
> one problem: All application settings (e.g. Kopete, Kontact) will not be
> saved. After the next login, everything is gone. Why?

That's strange indeed. Does your user get any files in ~/.kde/share/config at
all?

Does your kdeglobals file in your profile happen to have [$i] on a line of its
own at the top of the file?

bastian at kde.org  |   Novell BrainShare Europe 2004   |  bastian at suse.com
bastian at kde.org  | 12-18 September, Barcelona, Spain |  bastian at suse.com