[Kde-kiosk] Corporate Desktop

Daniel Bertolo Daniel.Bertolo at kinderheim-buehl.ch
Thu Sep 2 10:17:22 CEST 2004

Hi

We are currently using KDE 3.2.3 as our corporate desktop on our SuSE
9.1 workstations. I have been playing around with the KIOSK framework
for a while now. I would like to have a centralized corporate desktop. A
short review of what I have done so far:

- Exported /var/kde-profile from our server using NFS
- Mounted on the client at /var/kde-profile
- The file "kde-user-profile" is also located at /var/kde-profile

I configured a profile and set it up for my user. This works, but I have
one problem: All application settings (e.g. Kopete, Kontact) will not be
saved. After the next login, everything is gone. Why?

Thanks for help,
Daniel

--
I was trained in the culture of mathematics, so I'm not used to charging
people a penny every time they use a theorem I proved. But I charge