[Kde-kiosk] Kiosktool Wishlist: Set profile based on environment variable.

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Sep 11 16:30:45 CEST 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 13:21, Martijn Dekkers wrote:
> Hmm, statically storing this doesn't sound like a good plan - how
> about high speed networks that are temporarirly, but frequently,
> slowed down due to traffic (multimedia streaming, software updates,
> etc)? you would want to be able to degrade gracefully, and preferably
> on the fly :-)

Not from a security and manageability standpoint. Windows servers for example
usually do not permit user logons other than the administrator when the
Domain Controller cannot be contacted. Although MS isn't exactly famous for
well-thoughtout security I think they got it right here. I don't know what
Novell clients do, but I suspect something similar.