[Kde-kiosk] Does group policies work?

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Wed Sep 8 14:47:59 CEST 2004

Hi!

I'm using kiosk tool version 0.8, configuring KDE 3.3 on top of SuSE
9.1, and I'm having trouble trying to use group policies.

I have a test user with the username 'Prof3', and as far as I can see,
he's a member of the 'ldapusers' group:

dhcp-254-164:/etc # groups Prof3
Prof3 : ldapusers

I've added a group policy that maps the ldapusers group to the profile
'testprofil', which can be seen in /etc/kde-user-profile

dhcp-254-164:/etc # cat /etc/kde-user-profile
[General]
groups=ldapusers

[Groups]
ldapusers=testprofil

[Users]
dhcp-254-164:/etc #

Now, if I login as Prof3, the settings for the 'testprofil' profile
doesn't apply. If I, however, create a user mapping between Prof3 and
'testprofil', it works as expected.

Is this a known bug?

\EF
--