[Kde-kiosk] Re: KDE Icons / Menu

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Oct 12 16:56:51 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 16:04, Erik Forsberg wrote:
> Waldo Bastian <bastian at kde.org> writes:
> >
> > On Mon July 12 2004 18:33, BTrout at mbsbooks.com wrote:
> > > SUSE 9.1 / 3.2.3 kde / 0.6 kisoktool
> > >
> > > I used Kiosk to create some desktop applications.
> > >
> > > But KDE adds a bunch of other ICONs
> > >
> > > How do you keep these from appearing?
> >
> > Add the following to kdesktoprc:
> >
> > [General]
> > CopyDesktopLinks=false
>
> In what versions of KDE will that work?  I'm having trouble getting it
> to work with KDE 3.2.2 (FC2 distribution).

It's there since KDE 3.2.1 but distributions have a tendency to add custom
stuff themselves, so maybe that interferes. I suggest you ask on a Fedora
mailinglist how it populates the desktop and perhaps file a bugreport against
Fedora to ask that it honours the CopyDesktopLinks setting in kdesktoprc.

> > > Kiosk doesn't seem to do that .... could that be a future feature .?...
> > > it would be easier if it is all in one place.
> >
> > Yes, I will add an option for that.
>
> In what version of Kiosk tool will that be possible?

It's there since 0.8. But if adding it by hand doesn't work kiosktool will not
be able to help you either.

bastian at kde.org   |   SUSE LINUX 9.2: Order now!   |   bastian at suse.com
  http://www.suse.de/us/private/products/suse_linux/preview/index.html