[Kde-kiosk] new to kde kiosk, where are the docs?

Keith L. Ingram kingram at bnw-tech.com
Fri Mar 5 17:42:37 CET 2004

Hello all,

	I'm also new to the KDE list.  Not to mention I'm also new to
Linux especially SuSE 9.0.  Here's what I'm trying to do in KDE 3.2.

Limit a user which is automatically logged in when the machine boots, to
the Netscape browser window in full screen without the titlebar.  Allow
only one URL and the popups windows created from that URL (on the local
machine).  I want to enable xmms-kde and a shutdown shell script to
perform a smooth shutdown of the machine from a button in the browser
window.  I want to lock down everything else.  I've read the how to and
for some reason I'm just not getting there from here.  Is there one that
explains it to like a 4-yrear-old.  I see it supposed to be done from
the kdeglobals but I did a search and found 4 kdeglobals files on the
machine.  Which one do I use and is there another file that needs to be
edited to get it to work for the specific user in question?  Any
assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith