[Kde-kiosk] Re: install help

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 00:28:19 CEST 2004

>>tar zxf kiosktool-0.7.tar.gz
>>cd kiosktool-0.7
>>./configure
>>make
>>su
>>make install
>>

>OK, when i get to the line "../configure" it tells me "no acceptable C
>compiler found in $path".  So i look and see that its trying to use gcc
>first.  I checked on synaptic and see that gcc isnt installed so when i
>click it to install it says that it has unmet dependencies, specificly "
>gcc: depends: cpp but 3.3.2-2 is to be installed"  I checked and cpp
>version
>3.3.2-2 is allready installed.

First, you should be in the kiosktool-0.7 directory, and the
command should be ./configure  (not ../configure)

(dot means "this directory" and the configure script should be
right there in that kiosktool-0.7 directory)

Second, at this point you need to switch lists.  Until you have
your compiler installed and working, no one here is likely to be
able to assist you.

Try this one: